Sunday, November 18, 2012

Five things we've been up to...

1) Dressing up.  The baseball player and farmer at school the day of the Manokotak Halloween Carnival.



2) Voting.  Along with my Civics class, I ran our school's mock presidential election for grades 3-12.  Obama won (in case you were wondering).  Considering the real election was called before Alaska's results were in, it was hard to feel that my vote "counted" this year!

3) Freezing!  We finally have snow that is sticking around.  With these chilling temperatures (-2 when we woke up today), we are hoping to be able to use our snowmobile again soon!

4) Receiving ivory rings made from walrus tusk!  I had two students make me beautiful ivory rings this week, and Lucas was given a ring by a student as well.  One of my favorite things about teaching here is how we get to work with the same students year after year and build relationships with them.  I also love that we work in a K-12 building.  It is fun to go down to the elementary wing and work with those kids once a week as reading buddies.  They are too cute :)

5) Working.  Spending seven days a week at school is starting to get to us.  We are so very ready for Thanksgiving Break!  Lucas hasn't left Manokotak since we got here in August, and I've only traveled to Dillingham twice for Social Studies curriculum meetings.  We are so excited to take a break and travel together to visit our friends in New Stu!  Wednesday afternoon cannot come soon enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment